Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 30, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 12: Met a nice cafe

English | 日本語
I woke up with a sore throat around 2:30 pm. Caught a cold? For now, I'll take a cup of kudzu root water and slept again. 5:30 AM, I'm awakened by a noisy crow. My throat is a little better, but my bronchial tubes still feels heavy. Today, I'll be shorten the distance and buy medicine at the pharmacy on the way. Breakfast is a bread + peanut butter, coffee and a banana.
I started cycling at 7:30 AM. First, I stopped to Seicomart in Yubetsu town to get an ice-cold plastic bottle to keep my foods cold, to reflect on yesterday. There has also an eat-in space and rechargeable, so I took a coffee break to charge my battery for about 30 minutes.
I arrived at Monbetsu around 9:30 AM. Today there seemed to be a festival day, and there was a parade of portable shrines and a mountain of stalls. I didn't have enough charge of my battery to find a charging spot again here, but I couldn't find a convenience store with an eat-in space. Instead of the charging spot, I discovered "K's Electric shop" and got an SD card case and a rechargeable beard trimmer. After that I felt much better of throat, but I bought a bottle of kudzu root water at the drugstore and drank it. Since both food and alcohol were sold in the drugstore (and they're cheap), In addition I bought foods for dinner and some protein powder.
I left Monbetsu and headed to Roadside Station Okoppe. On the way, I stopped at Okhotsk village for a rest. There was an outlet in the break room here, so I charged battery here. Now a day, the bicycle camping travelers need a lot of electronic staffs so finding chargeable place is always major problems. I also bought tomatoes and cucumbers directly from the farmer.
The roadside station, Okoppe, has a lawn and a rest stop accommodation with a railway car. And of course, there are electrical outlets. Moreover, they said there is free for pitching a tent. The toilets and water are clean. It's unquestionably great. However if I stay here today, there's no hot springs (that's just a problem) and a little more distance the next day. So, unfortunately, I didn't stay there tonight. But next time I'd love to stay there !
Across the street from this roadside station, I had lunch at a cute coffee shop. I ordered fried rice and iced coffee, and they even lent me a power supply. While I'm waiting the dishes, I talked with friendly couple of the master and his wife for a small hour. We talked about cooking for themselves and I asked, "Hokkaido's rice is delicious! But what's the best ?" "is Yumepirika !", they answered to me. Next time I buy rice, I'll definitely do that. They also let me know the hotel near Cape Sunrise I'll stay tonight has the best hot springs in this area, and the beauty of the seasonal scenery around here. There was no shortage of things to talk about.
I departed the cute cafe reluctantly and I ride remained 10 km. Arriving quickly and I set up the tent and washed clothes there (400 jpy). Then I went to the hot spring (a bit salty) and went back to dinner. Here is not in a forest camp site, so there are not so many mosquitoes, the wind is nice, and the view is good. I'm little afraid that will I see the sunrise tomorrow, as Cape Sunrise is named?
So far, I don't seem to have any problems with my health. I drank a cup of kudzu root water before going to bed just in case. No mosquitoes today, but there were lots of ants instead. Today, I exchanged greetings with six cyclists. This is just the summer Hokkaido scene.

From Gokazan Park to Cape Hinode 70km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment