Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 25, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 7: Reached to Cape Nosappu The East End Of Hokkaido

English | 日本語
I wake up at 6 am as usual. It's drizzle, cool, and I get tailwind ! Everything looks good for cycling. I cooked a ramen with the veggies from the day before yesterday, but the veggies were a little sour, so I stopped to eat them. I left at 8 am. I was able to buy a bottle of ice to keep my foods cold, a toothpaste set, and a sunscreen at Seicomart and I also got an SD card at an electronics store on the way. Everything's ready to go!
It seems route 44 will be not fun. So I choose route 142 on the ocean side, although it's a distance away. There were quite a few ups and downs, but it's not as tiring as I thought it would be. My body seems to be completely built up for cycling already. I encountered deer and foxes on the way up (I was able to take pictures today).
When I was taking a break at the roadside station, I slipped and dropped my selfie stick/tripod and damaged it. Made in China is so fragile (of course, its just my opinion). Do I buy a selfie stick, or do I continue touring without it...? How can the things be broken every day like this....
I met a guy who was running around Japan near Nemuro. He told me that at first he was running with the same travoy trailer that I'm using. We had a lively conversation for about 30 minutes. He's 47 years old and he's going to run 10,000km around Japan until the end of February next year. He has a blog called "Diary by the Sea" and we became friends on Facebook.
* He's completed the challenge and we're still connected.
I arrived in Nemuro in the afternoon. It's early to check-in, so I had a lunch nearby. A public restaurant I entered was a crazy big hit ! I ordered the Fried Sasami with cheese set meal, which consisted of four large fried white meat pieces, fried fish, sardines, and salted fish on the boil. The amount was large and delicious and I was very satisfied. (Too bad I didn't take a picture.) (I was not yet a Vegan at this time) I was talking to a lady at the restaurant and she said she was 76 years old but looks very healthy and I was the same age as her son. So she gave me a more piece of sashimi. She said I had a different aura from when I entered the restaurant. I've heard this phrase a few times in Hokkaido, but what does it mean actually ?
Then I checked in Indian Summer Company and send the crabs to my home (2kg 9900 yen). Thanks to that, crabs for dinner and lodging tonight became free! After dropping off the luggage I head to Cape Nosappu. As expected, the bike is light (no luggage) and I get a tailwind, I was able to ride my bike in the amazingly fast speed. Unfortunately, Cape Nosappu was in a deep fog when I arrived. (Am I cursed what's the curse of all the places I visit are foggy ?). I couldn't see the Northern Territories, which were only 3.7 km away from the cape. Finally I circled the peninsula of Nemuro and was back to the inn by 5:30 pm.
※photo from google map
After I went to the coin laundry and took a bath, I had the free Hanasaki crab and beer for dinner ! It was so delicious. (Why I didn't take any pictures...) There were three motorcycle riders in the room. One of them come to here by the solo motorcycle touring almost every year. The other two were aged riders from Kyushu and they said it was their first tour in Hokkaido. When I asked them when would be a good time to go cycling in Kyushu, they replied that it would be in April before the Japanese long holidays season, or in October after the typhoon. I'd like to go there someday.
I kept a journal before going to bed and sleep in 10 pm. I felt a little bit cold in my sleeping bag.

From Kiritap Cape to Nemuro 70km
Cape Nosappu Rewind 50km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment