Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 19, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 1: Leaving Tokyo and Hello Hokkaido !

English | 日本語
6:30 AM, Already hot outside... The rainy season isn't over yet, but it was nice to have a clear day. Today I'll ride a bike 100 km from home to Narita airport. It's a great way to check on my bike and my body conditions.
It's hard to ride in Tokyo because of traffic congestion, but when I'm waiting for a traffic signal, sometimes people ask me "Where are you going?". It leads me getting into more touring mood.
My body isn't used to long-distance touring yet, so I didn't take it easy and took seven hours to get to the airport. I spent 30 minutes packing my bike and checking in.
The flight was quick and I arrived at the New Chitose Airport at 4 PM and had 30 minutes to assemble the bike. But I found a problem. I was too lazy to remove the rear derailleur because it was a domestic flight, but as I was worry about, the hanger was bent! . For now, I bent it back by hand to deal with it (this will be a problem later on).
Today I will ride 30 km to Tomakomai, as I need to get some stuffs for touring. Hokkaido roads are wide and comfortable. I was hungry and ate some ramen on the way.
After arriving at Tomakomai in the dark, I got camping items such as alcohol (fuel), rice, pasta, instant miso soup, instant coffee, and etc. at AEON.
I healed my fatigue at the hot spring (500JPY) and then slept in an internet cafe.

家から成田空港へ (From Home to Narita Airport) 105km
千歳空港から苫小牧市内へ (From Chitose Airport to Tomakomai) 25km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment