Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 31, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 13: Variety of Traveler

English | 日本語
I woke up at 5:30 AM. Unfortunately, it was cloudy in the morning and I didn't get to see the sunrise. Breakfast was three slices of five-slice bread, a banana and coffee. I immediately used the trimmer I bought yesterday to cut my beard and it's quite good. I departure at 7:00.
My laundry didn't dry yet. I would go to the next city in order to dry them with laundry machine, but the laundromat is quite a ways away. So I decided to hang the laundry on my bike and ride. There's a breeze, so it dries properly even if it's not so sunny. That became my standard drying method in the future touring. I remembered that the mom of a family of five campers I met at the cookout yesterday said the laundromat was expensive. I didn't think about that kind of expense before starting this touring, but when I actually use it, it becomes quite an expense.
The road today is really nothing. Just the ocean on the right, fields, etc. on the left. At 10:30 AM, I arrived at the roadside station, Marine Island Okajima. There looked like I could use power supply so I took a snack while I recharged the battery and wrote the record. I passed three cyclists so far. One of them was pulling a single-wheeled trailer. However I have not yet met a cycle tourist with bike packing style in Hokkaido.
Since the signboard says here is a crabs town, I looked for a crabs restaurant for lunch break in Edako-cho, but there was nowhere, so I had a chicken lunch at Seicomart.
I see the Usutaibe Senjojiki after the lunch.
In remained 30km to go, but there was starting to get fog. I hurriedly took in the laundry that was attached to my bike. I stopped at Cape Kamui on the way, but I couldn't see anything due to the fog. Really I had been hated by the views from all Cape I visited....
With 10km to go to the town of Hamadonbetsu, where Lake Kuccharo is located, I found another walking traveler. We were talking alongside each other for a while. He's walking counter-clockwise from Chitose, and he's walking 20 to 30 km/day to use the inn for his lodging. He looks 70s or more aged, buy I think he's fantastic !
I arrived at Lake Kuccharo by 2:30 PM. I set up my tent on a large grass site with a nice breeze from the lake ($200). I've been watching there for a while and here seems to be quite popular, a large grassy site became full of tent. Is the distance of about 100 km from Wakkanai a popular reason ?
There were a few cyclists as well. But the most interesting traveler is a couple with a motorbike HONDA Cub. They are pulling a trailer and the wife is in the backseat. They are hardcore traveler have been doing this kind of travel for about 25 years since they were married. It's a great one (of course his wife, that is ...). They're also been traveling abroad, backpacking style. They caught me on my way to wash the dishes and we talked for about 40 minutes.
For dinner, I added a vegetable and chicken garnish to the kohlrabi pasta. Cucumbers and tomatoes are in a salad. The drink is still 'Slat' as usual, but today I decided to go with something different: white peach and chardonnay. Before the dinner, I went to a hot spring in a nearby hotel, and the sodium hot spring made my skin smooth and smooth, and it kept me warm and warm after the bath. It was a quite nice hot spring (550 jpy). I have set up my tent near the benches, and I'm writing this transcript on this record, with the wind blowing in my face. It is the most amazing feeling !

From Cape Hinode To Lake Kuccharo 95km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment