Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

August 9, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 22: Along Uchiura Bay

English | 日本語
The sound of rain wakes me up. I hurriedly took in the laundry. I ate only bread and banana for breakfast, as it was too much of a hassle to boil coffee in the rain. As it was continuing rain, I packed up in the tent. It was written on the signboard that I had to pay 700 JPY to the instructor for this park, but the instructor didn't show up. I couldn't wait until he came, so I left at 7 o'clock. Sorry.
I thought it would be a piece of cake today as I traveled around the lakeside and out to the ocean and along the coast, but it wasn't at all! I took the lakeside road until to the town of Toyako Onsen. It was still raining, but it was nice that I didn't get so wet because the road was thick with trees. There was a series of tunnels from the onsen town to the sea. However, there were sidewalk here, so I didn't have to worry about the even 2 km climb in the tunnels. After the two tunnels, I were already at the sea.
As I proceed along the coast, I will soon find myself on a slope. There are many tunnels but I can't escape to sidewalks there. I had to climb up and down much and took a short rest at Toyoura Town. After that, it's up and down again to Shizukari, and then I got a long down hill to the coast. Finally it becomes a long flat road to Oshamambe town and I road to there without taking a break.
After leaving Oshamambe for a while, I came to a place where a drive-in was gathering. I felt a bit cold and was getting hungry, so I had lunch at the drive-in Kanaya, with crab Chanpon ramen nudle. I was resting a bit while watching TV, and I heard it was 37 degrees in Tokyo. It's nice and cool here. I'll definitely come to Hokkaido every year.
From there, it was a flat road for about 30 km. The rain stopped along the way and the road surface started to dry out, so I took off my rain gear. I entered the town of Yakumo and went to Salambe Park at the far end. It's quite beautiful with a fountain, playground equipment, and park golf. While I was looking around near the entrance, I saw a man walking his dog. As the dog came closer to me, I played with the dog and the man came over. As I asked to him, "is it okay to camp here". He said "I come here often, I think it maybe okay". I set up the tent under a tree at the far end, washed my clothes and left for the onsen.
I couldn't find any hot springs nearby, so I went to a local public bath called Showa-yu in the city and got refreshed (390 JPY).
On the way home, I stopped at a convenience store and bought food for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight it's croquette curry. I also had two cans of chuhai and an apple. I'm running low on food, which is good. It's still raining hard. I wrote the diary and went to bed at eight. I wonder what I'll do tomorrow in Hakodate.
Today I met by about 6 cyclists. This is the time of the year when they will be riding up north, probably through Hokkaido in August. A college student, an uncle, a girl, a gringo couple. Good luck and have fun. I'll be leaving Hokkaido soon. I'm going to miss a little.

From Lake Toya to Yakumo Saranbe Park 95km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment