Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

August 8, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 21: Lake Toya

English | 日本語
I drank a lot last night, so I went right back to bed and got up once in the middle of the night to write in my journal. I woke up a little later than usual this morning because I didn't have to take down the tent, etc. I had bread and coffee as a breakfast and left at 7 AM.
First I bought a bottle of ice to keep foods cold and water at the convenience store. I headed south, but the road I was navigating on Google Maps was a very steep hill. I should have looked for a detour, even if it was far away. I was pushing up my bike that is the first time in this trip and then riding down fast. It was bittersweet to think that this kind of thing was going to continue.
I took a break and ate some bread and vegetable juice at the convenience store. I buy another bottle of water as well, since it's consumed heavily.
Today, I didn't have much to meet with anyone, just a series of hills and slopes. After five hours, I arrive at the midway point, the Nakayama Pass. I catch a glimpse of a couple of roadies. I bought some zangi and tea here and had lunch with the rice from the day before.
After lunch, it was about 6 km a long descent. The couple roadies from earlier passed me. The girl was in a pink DeRosa bike , very cool. I thought it would be easy if I could continue downhill to Lake Toya, but it wasn't, and the climb appeared again.
I stopped many times at the road stations. After repeating this ascent and descent about three times, I finally arrived at the lakeside of Lake Toya.
I pitched my tent at the farthest lakeside. The price was 700 yen, the highest price I've ever paid for a camping spot. In spite of this, I was not happy that they couldn't even dispose of the garbage.
I did my laundry as usual and went to the hot spring. I took a bath at Toya Ikoinoie, which is located at the top of a hill. The water was lukewarm, so I could take it slowly. I couldn't stop sweating when I went outside after taking the hot spring.
I went back to the tent to make pasta for dinner. I have to get rid of most of the leftover vegetables. I slept in 9 PM.

From Sapporo to Lake Toya 95 km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment