Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

August 10, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 23: Toward Hakodate

English | 日本語
I woke up at 5 AM. It was raining again this morning, so I didn't use a fire, but breakfasted on bread and bananas. The tent doesn't seem to be able to dry, so I gave up and folded it up while it was still wet. I put on my rain gear and left at 7:00.
I stopped at a Lawson store on the way to buy iced-pet bottle and breads for supplying and take out the trash. After a short ride on Route 5, the road began to dry out and I took off my rain gear. I thought today would be flat along the coast, but it was a fleeting hope. There are many ups and downs and tunnels, and the shoulders are narrow beside road, so it is hard to ride.
I saw a group of cyclists heading north in a group 4-5 times today. Probably they are a university club. Maybe it's because they are in a group, they don't greet much, and they were not very nice. Many people are continuing to ride northward from yesterday. They may have come to touring over the Obon holidays.
As I entered Hakodate, the headwind became strong and I didn't make any progress. I stopped at a convenience store called Hasegawa Store for a restroom break. I can't see convenience stores like this in other parts of Japan, but there are several in Hakodate.
I arrived at the Tsugaru Kaikyo Ferry Terminal around noon. I booked a ticket for tomorrow morning at 9:30. Since I decided to fold my bicycle and bring it in as hand luggage, it will cost only 2,600 jpy.
As I've been to Hakodate many times, I didn't do any sightseeing and headed to the seafood market next to Hakodate Station. I arrived after about 5km. I parked my bike by the parking lot and went to Donburi Yokocho. I couldn't remember which restaurant I was going to eat at, so I checked the menu one by one as I went to my destination. It's the first time in a long time that I ate squid on a bowl of rice. I feel that the size of the bowl was smaller than before. Sorry, cute Squid, I'm sorry. But it was so delicious.
Since there is still time to check in after lunch, looking around the city while slowly riding, lunchtime is Most of the shops were not open. I went to the hotel a little after 1 PM and checked in. 5,000 jpy per night is an amount of money that I have never spent recently. I took a shower and did the laundry. I found a coin laundry was 300 jpy with laundry dryer, so I dried all the clothes. When it continues to rain in camp touring, that is quite hard. Of course the solar panel doesn't work when it rains, and all the electronic devices had a shortage of batteries, but here I was able to charge.
Today is the last night in Hokkaido. It's a little sad.
* The hotel where we stayed this night is no longer in operation.

From Sarambe Park to Hakodate city 80km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment