Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

August 6, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 19: Furano - A majour tourist spot

English | 日本語
In the morning, I took a breakfast (bread and coffee) with the neighbor. He told me that he and his wife were driving around Hokkaido while climbing the mountains. They came here by ferry from Shikoku on July 19, and today they are going up to Tokachi.
The laundry isn't dry yet, but it's been a beautiful morning, so it will dry on my bike as the running clothesline today. My iPad and MacBook still have some battery life left, but my phone hasn't been charged enough. I'm not sure if it's the direction of the solar panel or the cable, but it doesn't charge as well as I think it would. When I run towards the sun, I still need to put a front carrier and maybe put the panels on that side . Or maybe I'll put the panel further up...
I left a little after 7 AM as usual. Today I go down the road I climbed yesterday, so it is easy. There was a steep hill near Panoramic Flower Gardens Shikisai-no-oka, but today I cleared it all by pedaling while standing up. It was only 8:30 AM before the show, but there were a few people lined up at the entrance. The park opened while I was taking pictures from outside. Various flowers were in bloom, and the area was large and beautiful. I took various photos. There was also the option to walk around the park, such as a buggy, but enough to walk around. There was also a parallel alpaca farm and selling a souvenir or snack, but I don't interested in them, left early.
I arrived at Farm Tomioka after about an hour on a leisurely farm road. The farm is completely turned into a tourist attraction, with many large buses stopping at the farm and many people, many of them foreigners ! Thanks to this, the facilities were excellent. I'm already craving all kinds of food: melon gelato, corn, melon bread, lavender ice cream, etc. Of course, I enjoyed them. The flower garden is divided into plots, which is similar to Shikisai-no-oka. I was looking for a lavender air freshener in my tent, and I found a reasonable one, so I bought it. I had enough to eat, drink and sight seeing. It's time to cycle again.
As I was getting ready to leave at the bike parking lot, I met a large foreign couple of cyclists. I found out that they came from Spain and were in the middle of a two-month tour from south to north of Japan. . They are going to Wakkanai, Hokkaido after here. I asked him how the roads in Japan are, he said they are very difficult because of the mountains. I also asked him how Europe was, he said Germany and Belgium were the most bike friendly and easy to ride. He said they have ridden almost all of Europe. OMG, I'm so jealous. We wished each other a safe trip, took a commemorative photo, and headed off.
Arriving in Furano, I looked around the town, but even though it was Sunday, there were quite a few people and not many shops open. I bought some refrigerated pets, water, pumpkin croquettes and tea for lunch at the supermarket, and went to the park next to Furano station. Yumepikari (rice) is delicious !
After leaving Furano, I rode along the Ichirano River. I came to Kamiashibetsu and were going to set up our tents first and then go shopping, but I went too far. So, I went ahead shopping first. I finally arrived at Kamiashibetsu Park, which I couldn't find easily there. There is a beautiful grassy site, but I pitched a tent near the water toilet pavilion becaus I'll be fine if it rains. Later I saw that the pavilion was quite large and I was able to pitch it inside. Since there is no bathes nearby, I washed my clothes and body together and hung up clothes.
At night I searched a room at Booking.com because I plan to go Sapporo, where is a big city, tomorrow. Finally I could book a dormitory with bunk beds for 2500 jpy per night. The check-in time is after 3:30 PM, so it should be OK. This makes me I'll be able to charge devices and data organizing. Maybe I'll go out to dinner tomorrow...

From Shirogane to Kami-Ashibetsu 85km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment