Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

August 11, 2017

Hokkaido Touring Day 24: Cycling in Aomori

English | 日本語
(For some reason I didn't take many pictures today.)
I woke up at 5:30, not needed to wake up call. Charging is almost complete for all devices. I drunk coffee and its stock was over. I left a little after 6:30 and arrived at the ferry terminal before 7:00. Since I wasn't flying, I spent only ten minutes to fold up my bicycle. I paid the 2,600 jpy for the ticket I had booked yesterday, and had two rice balls and tea for breakfast. The ship left on time. I fixed my bike to the railing on the outside of the 2nd class cabin. Later I found out that there were quite a lot of bicycles in the same place.
The ferry arrived at Oma on time. I'm a folding bike with a trailer, so it took me 15 minutes to assemble it. The other cyclists are using normal bicycles, so it will take more time. I will go on ahead of them. Since I was going to eat tuna in Oma where is famous for, I ate tuna bowl at the first restaurant I found.
I start cycling through Aomori in earnest, but the vegetation is different than Hokkaido first. There are many cedars here. The road and the shoulder is also narrow. The motorbikes passing are not much of greetings, and the bicycle was not seen. The coastline of the windy Oke-machi, the headwind is strong, and there are many steep hills after a while. The Kinobe Pass is particularly steep and long and I pushed my bike half of the way up the hill. After that, I continued to climb and descend. And the climbs are all steep. The wind was so strong on the flat terrain near the beach, so it was too hard to ride. It was very tiring.
It starts to drizzle at 2 PM. I took a break for a convenience store in Ohata-cho, Mutsu City. Come to think of it, there is no Seicomart, and I feel it is a little lonely. It was still raining after that, but I didn't wear rain gear because I was going to wash it anyway in a little while. The super market before the campsite was good. There a lot of local vegetables with cheap price, and I got some baby scallops and also some coffee that I had run out of.
I arrived at the Mutsu Yatate Onsen Campground for 200 jpy. The hot spring 450 jpy was hot near there. There is no cell phone signal and no WiFi, so no internet today.
The rain has fallen all night. I think it will rain again tomorrow.

From Hakodate to Mutsu City 55km

0 コメント:

Post a Comment