Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 15, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 1 Doshi Road

English | 日本語
My new trip around western Japan started safely today. Even though it's the end of the rainy season, it's been busy raining on and off. I took a short break by Lake Tsukui. I had to climb 1000m from here.
The route I took today was the Olympic road race course. I road slowly, wondering how fast the athletes would climb here.
View of the Doshi River from above. It only takes a short ride from Tokyo to come to a place with such rich nature.
It was raining on and off as usual. If I kept my rain gear on, I would get soaked with sweat, so I took it off frequently and hung it to dry as I went. The hill in the picture is quite steep when I look at it this way. Climbing 1000m in a single geared bike from the first day of touring is still a pain....
Arriving at the Yamanaka lake side. Fuji due to fog.
I hadn't pitched a tent in a while, since I used a bivvy for my last touring trip. It's still nice and spacious.
There are a lot of swans in the lake on the other side of the tent, but in fact, this place is called Swan Beach and seems to be a spot where swans gather.... Sorry, swans.

home - lake Yamanaka 80km (total 80km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment