Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 24, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 10 Crossing to Shikoku

English | 日本語
I couldn't sleep well last night because there were young people setting off fireworks in a nearby parking lot, a strange singing bird on the sandbar across the street, and it was hot in the tent, but I was glad to greet the morning with a beautiful sunrise😊
Today I also took the back road Route 250 instead of using Route 2. It's an uphill climb out of nowhere, but I'm still in good spirits, so I climb!💪
It was quite a bit more climbing than I expected, but I managed to reach the pass✌️
After this, the road was wide and easy to drive, connecting port towns. But of course, if the road is this good, the policemen were doing their job perfectly I saw here🤭(a speed trap commonly known as rat catcher in Japan). Be careful your speed with your car😅
I passed through the town of Bizen, famous for its pottery.
The Yoshii River embankment road. The road is not wide, but it is pleasant.
On the way, I found a magnificent temple. It was Saidaiji Temple of the Shingon sect🙏
I came to a park near the ocean and found a toilet and running water. First the laundry😁.
Next, I washed my hair, face, and shaved. I felt refreshed.
I took a break for a while, but because of the heat, everything dried up in about 30 minutes😁. When I used a hotel, I won't have this kind of fun and excitement...
Today I'm staying at a guesthouse in Takamatsu city, so I'm going to Takamatsu Station from Okayama Station with carrying my bicycle. This is where I arrived at Okayama station.
Put the bike & luggage in the bag. It's compact, but a bit heavy as I forgot to dump the water and it weighs 15kg.
The inside of the train. It's not that crowded, so I put my luggage on the seat next to me.
Crossing the Seto Ohashi Bridge. I really want to bike across it 🤔
When I arrived at Takamatsu station, Yamada-san, the owner of the guesthouse, was there to pick me up. He is a friend of mine on FB as well as a friend of mine on bicycles, kick scooters, and Uber Eats delivery work. We rode together to the guesthouse.
Tomorrow is the first full rest day of this touring. I road 85km today.
I posted an article for carrying bike with train in Japan to the Bicycle Travellers group on FB.

Sensyu River〜Takamatsu City 85km (total 853km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment