Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 22, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 8 Kyoto to Akashi

English | 日本語
I've always cycled with my undried clothes in my backpack like this. It's a running dryer as I call it😅. If I ride for half an hour, they can usually get dry.
Today I'm going to ride along the Saigoku Kaido. The Saigoku Kaido was an important highway in the Edo period that ran from Kyoto to the western part of Japan (Shimonoseki and Kyushu) without passing through Osaka. The route from Kyoto to Nishinomiya was also known as "Yamazaki Dou" (Yamazaki Street). Currently, several places along the street are trying to restore the atmosphere of the old days, and it looks more fun than riding on the main road.
I took a break at "Choushi Umanoike Park" and refilled my water bottle with "Umanoike Water". The water supply here is deliberately labeled as drinking water, but unless it is clearly marked as "This water is not drinkable", it is safe to drink as usual in Japan. Outside of Japan, it is rare to see drinking water coming out of the tap. So I take a water filter with me when I go abroad.
This bike is really fun to ride at a slower speed than the 20km/h speed limit on the back roads. This slow ride is the perfect way to experience the feeling of traveling😊.
This is the main camp at Koriyama-juku on the Saigoku Kaido, an inn town located exactly halfway between Kyoto and Nishinomiya.
People travel to reclaim their humanity from the dehumanizing environment of speed and efficiency, so why do they still seek efficiency and speed on the travel ? The answer is simple: they don't know any other value. Education is a terrible thing. It used to be that everyone was self-learning, but since society has been divided into those who control and those who are controlled, that power has been taken away. With the spread of the Internet and the chance for the dominated to regain their power, I hope we can regain that power.
The slowly journey is a great way to philosophize😊.
It was mid-afternoon and the temperature display on the road was 36 ℃. I felt it was higher than my body temperature. I don't want to ride if I can.
In Nishinomiya, the roads are divided into people, bicycles, and cars, making it easy to ride a bicycle.
When I reached the Narihira Bridge in Ashiya town where is famous as a high society area, I saw a lot of young ladies with parasols waiting at the traffic lights. I couldn't take out my phone to take the picture there (it looks like a suspicious person😅), so I'll leave the actual image to your imagination.
Since I had many cooling breaks, I have arrived in Kobe in the evening.
Only Kobe Port and Motomachi were crowded for covid-19 restrictions.
The final mission of the day was a search for a place to sleep. However, both of the parks I had in mind were strictly controlled, so wild camping was impossible there. In the end, I had to ride to the Akashi Bridge.
Unfortunately, people can't ride a bicycle on this bridge.
While I was taking pictures of the bridge, I saw a drunken old man beside a fat bike right next to me. I couldn't help but talk to him and ask him for some information about the tenting area.
Then I moved to the pine forest park. A bit people is walking the park. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep until next morning 😅
. I feel I cycled a lot more than I should have today.

Kyoto〜Akashi Bridge 90km (total 683km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment