Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 26, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 11 Seto Inland Sea

English | 日本語
I stayed at my FB friend Yamada's guesthouse for two nights and rested up. He had his drive me up to the top of Goshikidai hill 😅 and I start the downhill 😊
Setouchi (Seto Inland Sea) from the top of Goshikidai hill. Many islands in a calm sea with no waves. This is a unique view in Japan.
Start !
I went down a rather steep slope, looking at the Seto Ohashi Bridge through the trees.
I stopped at Shiramine Temple on the way. This is a temple and shrine. I wonder if it's only in Japan that two religions, Shinto and Buddhism, don't look so strange mixed together ?
I worship at Emperor Sutoku's Shiramine Mausoleum. This is the only emperor's mausoleum in Shikoku.
After about 10km, I arrived at a park at the base of the Seto Ohashi Bridge, which I could see in the distance. I wish they would make all the bridges open to bicycles...
Before I left Kagawa for Ehime, I went to a self-service Udon noodle stand that I often see around here. The system is the same as Marugame Seimen (famous Udon chain restaurants), but the cost and taste is much better! By the way, this is Marugame City 😁.
Udon and Tempura is a classic combination. Japanese people love them, don't they?
Today, I road along the coastline, but because it was the Seto Inland Sea, there were no waves and I could see the land on the other side of the sea, so I didn't feel like I was riding along the coast line 😅. Still, I stopped at the beach and ate some frozen oranges I like.
I came to Kotodan Park on Ariake Beach. Here there is a huge sand painting that resembles the Kan'ei Tsuho treasure made in the Edo period, but I have to go up the hill to the viewing platform to see the painting.
But I don't have the energy to climb it, so I'll show it by the link photo (©︎Kannonji City Hall)... 😅
Today I stay at the beach an overnight. It's been a long time since I stayed at the beach because this touring was mostly inland. The coast is quite shallow, and the sound of the waves is not at all shallow...
The setting sun is beautiful😊
I cycled 80km today. Tomorrow is the Shimanami Kaido !

Takamatsu city〜Center of Shikoku 80km (total 933km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment