Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 19, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 5 To Owari

English | 日本語
Distant view of the wild camping ground in the morning. No matter how I look at it, it's a great place 😊
While I'm drying my tent, I'm sipping coffee at a roadside station on the other side of the campground, thinking. What should I do with the tent? 🤔
One is to go home by train and replace the tent, which costs 5,000 yen for 6 hours one way. The other is I continue touring and buy a tent at one of the outdoor stores around Nagoya. Probably tens of thousands of yen for a regular lightweight one-person tent.
But what if I was in the jungles of the Amazon or the mountains of China? Isn't that where I want to go? What can I do with the tools I have? As I desperately thought about it, I remembered that I had some rubber glue for fixing bicycle punctures and waterproof duct tape for repairing bags. If I could use the glue to stop the seam tape from peeling off, and then put duct tape on top, I think I could do first aid for the tent.
Ok, I'll start fixing the tent once it's dry 😊
Repairing tools
Fasten the stripped seam tape.
A floor hole.
Seal the hole with duct tape. Repairing complete! I'll see the results in the next heavy rains 😅
About 70km to Nagoya, with a gentle climb.
Then a gentle descent road. This pattern continued for a long time. Good for cycling.
When I go on the sidewalk, sometimes I met the road like this.
It's hot anyway, and I feel like it's no longer time to cycle during the daytime. In these situations, a buckwheat noodle restaurant is a great way to cool down and replenish your energy 😋
I posted the introduction message in this morning to a group of international cycling and camping enthusiasts, and got quite a few responses. I'm sure they're all very interested in this bike setup and camping in Japan😁. It's nice to have a universal hobby, but I'm pretty busy dealing with it...
After a short ride, I reached the land of Owari. It's flat land.
I stay in an internet cafe in Konan city instead of going to Nagoya city where was too many people. I'm busy showering, washing, recharging, writing touring reports, etc. 😅
Tomorrow I'll go Lake Biwa, which I've never been to before, so I'm looking forward to it 😊

A riverside at Senbo forest〜Aiti Konan NetCafe 85km (total 420km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment