Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 18, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 4 Kiso Road

English | 日本語
At the riverbank in the morning. A sleeping outside has a privilege to watch the sunrise as packing up a tent.
My morning routine after leaving was to go to a convenience store for coffee. It's not so bad to have a morning coffee in the tent, carrying the fire, fuel, and beans, but it's much easier in Japan, since wild camping is basically a quick retreat. As I remember, it was easy to get coffee in the morning in any country.
Kiso Road has many mountain roads. The morning glories along the roadside are blooming beautifully. The shoulder of the main road is narrow, so be careful, but the traffic is not so heavy that it is a problem.
A quaint train station. Modern stations don't appeal to me in the slightest.
According to the sign on the tunnel, the elevation was about 1000 meters, so it must be cool.
The Kiso Road has many side roads from the main road through old inn towns. It is fun to not only drive efficiently along the road, but also to take various detours.
The Narai River Kiso Bridge. Many people must have crossed this bridge when the inn town was prosperous.
There are so many roadside stations on the Kiso Road that it is not difficult to find supplies. I can't stop at all of them, but when I see one that sells local vegetables or rice cakes, I stop by.
Charging and resting at a roadside station. The ironclad rule for the modern traveler is to charge your batteries as often as you find an outlet.
Kiso River Stream.
I found a buckwheat noodle restaurant that says it has been in business for 300 years, so I stopped by.
I was very surprised that Imperial came !?
That's normal taste...
A retro bridge under repair. I like it.
There may be monkeys in this area. It was interesting to see the various designs of animal warning signs in Japan.
The wild camping spot I found today was along a very beautiful river with a waterfall. There's actually a dam upstream, so there's a sign saying "Beware of the sudden rise of water", but I couldn't miss this perfect location.
A river with clean water, a waterfall that breaks the silence, and a riverbank with soft sand and stones. It's a perfect location for camping.
Bathing in the river is a privilege for travelers who stay in the wild. Especially after a long riding bike, bathing in a river with clean water is bliss. Japanese people are obsessed with hot baths, but most animals, including humans, have been bathing in rivers since time immemorial!
At night, a strong rain started to fall. I felt something cold and looked in my headlight to see that the seam tape on the tent had come off and water was leaking from it.... If I left it like this, the tent would be flooded, so I gave it first aid with the duct tape I brought, and squeezed out the water with a towel. Fortunately, the strong rain didn't last long, so I was able to sleep until morning without getting wet.
Today was the first time I rode along Kiso Road, but it was a gentle, not-too-long series of ups and downs, with little traffic and cooler temperatures due to the high altitude. I enjoyed the ride even with a single geared bike, so a sports bike would be perfect.

A riverside at Narai river〜A riverside at Senbo forest 85km (total 335km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment