Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 21, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 7 From Lake Biwa to Kyoto old city

English | 日本語
Leaving the pleasant shores of Lake Biwa, I first had a morning coffee at a convenience store.
Why was I standing here ? The eat-in space is closed due to Covid-19 restrictions. Since it was morning and there were few people, I asked the staff if it was okay to drink coffee here, and he gladly gave me the OK, so that's why I'm standing here drinking it...😅
Noto River. No wind, no people, and a very clear view.
Noto River Water Mill. It is said that there used to be 39 waterwheels here, which were used to power rice and flour milling.
The lakeside cycling road is well maintained and safe to ride.
As called the sacred place for cyclists, many cyclists will probably come here.
Is this the starting point of Biwaichi (round Lake Biwa)?
Then I went over the ups and downs, which is rare for the lakeside of Lake Biwa, where there are many flats, to the Lake Biwa Bridge. At the top of the bridge, there was a sign saying that the slope was 5%, but I was glad that I could finish the climb.
On Google maps, it looked like Kyoto from Otsu would be a piece of cake, but in fact it was a difficult mountain crossing for a bicycle. But the atmosphere was not bad.
When I slowly arrive in Kyoto after a hard riding, the atmosphere is still different from other places.
I can't take my bike inside any of the temples and shrines in Kyoto, so I had to take pictures from a distance. it's unfortunate. This is a shot of Kiyomizudera Temple from Gojozaka.
Arriving at the Kyoto Imperial Palace. This is as far as my bike goes. When I tried to take it inside, the policeman at the entrance told me to leave it at the bicycle parking lot over there.
The inside is well maintained and I could fully enjoy the beauty of Japan. Of course, it's free to visit.
And then I went to Kinkakuji Temple, but to my surprise, it was extremely few peopl😳
. I'll never see Kinkakuji with so few people in my life.
Since I was in Kyoto today, I thought I'd try some "obanzai" but there were no restaurants open nearby, so I ended up having dumplings at a vegetarian cafe😋. This was a mix of Taiwanese and Japanese vegetarian food, unexpected and very satisfying😊.
When I go outside it's pitch black. I have no intention of staying in the wild anymore😅. I checked and found an internet cafe 1km away, so I headed there.
On the way there, I saw Nijo Castle lit up. I talked to the lady in charge of the queue and she told me that it was a summer festival until September.
I arrived at the internet cafe I checked first and there was no bicycle parking 😭. I looked for the next one and it was 1.5km away. But when I went there, it was a similar, no bicycle parking here either 😭. The next time I looked in the suburbs, it was 4km away. I'm not sure how many internet cafes there are in Kyoto.
Finally I managed to find a place to sleep. Touring without a plan is good and bad.
I road 95km today. But Kyoto and Lake Biwa are basically flat, so I wasn't that tired.

Shores of Lake Biwa〜Kyoto City 95km (total 593km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment