Facebook RSS Feed
Englisth | 日本語

July 20, 2021

Western Japan touring 2021 Day 6 To Lake Biwa

English | 日本語
It's a fully charged morning for both battery and human. I check my bike, which I've been neglecting even in the rain. Chain stretching, oil lubrication, wheel distortion, etc. There seems to be no problem.
I was too busy responding to the Bicycle Travellers group on FB last night to do any other work at all. It seems that people overseas are also very interested in this setup and the touring in Japan.
After a short ride, I stopped at the first convenience store to pick up a bottle of iced barley tea and some Uiro (Rice cake), which is unique to the Nagoya area. The temperature will be 35 ℃ during the daytime and the humidity also high, so this bottle is very helpful to keep me hydrated. The tea in the bottle will gradually dissolve, but if I add water as I drink, I can stay cold for quite a while. The same thing can be done by adding ice to the cold bottle, but this is lighter and easier to operate. However, it costs 140 jpy per bottle, and I use 2-3 bottles a day, so it is expensive.
Passing the Nagara River. This bridge looks tough.
The river was as calm as a mirror. In other words, there is no wind at all. It will be going to get hotter.
What a big torii gate! You can see how huge the gate is when you compare it to my bicycle.
The torii gate I mentioned earlier belongs to Nanguu Taisha (Shinto shrine). This shrine is said to have been built in the late 3rd century and is the main shrine of the mining and metal industry in Japan.
The road to the ancient battlefield of Sekigahara was peaceful and pleasant.
To the site of the decisive battle of Sekigahara. I was deeply moved, thinking, "So this is where...." In this area, there are still various places where the various camps and generals were defeated.
I'm going up Omi Road (the road to Kyoto and Osaka) and the temperature on the road is 34 ℃. It was hot. The slope is about 6%, I'll just keep going up.
It was so hot that I've rest for about 30 minutes in the bamboo thicket.
After a long descent, I reached Hikone Castle, a national treasure. The castle keep is magnificent and there are only five castles in Japan whose keep is a national treasure.
Here I am at last, Lake Biwa, it's huge!
There are many places to pitch a tent along the shores of Lake Biwa, but I set up my tent at the edge of a park.
As usual, I bathed and washed in the lake. Actually, I swam in the lake afterwards😅
It's been a while since I've seen the sunset and have a dinner. It was another good day.

Konan City〜Shores of Lake Biwa 78km (total 498km)

0 コメント:

Post a Comment